Marriage is a beautiful way of life that demands a lifelong commitment. The Church has the pastoral obligation of assisting those desiring to marry to make a prayerful and mature decision concerning their marriage intentions. We're here to help.
7 Steps to Prepare for Marriage
Welcome! In our diocese there are 7 steps to help you prepare for your wedding and to live the vocation of marriage.
- Contact our Parish Office and meet with a priest or deacon to begin the process
- Couple pre-marital inventory (FOCCUS or Prepare)
- Attend Thrive! (and then skip to step 6)or God's Plan seminar (proceed to step 4)
- Complete a Marriage Preparation program (Lead Couple, Engaged Encounter, or THRIVE! Marriage Preparation)
- Attend Fertility Awareness or NFP introduction
- Make a good confession prior to your "I do"
- Final meeting with priest or deacon to prepare the liturgy
Download/view the 7 Steps To Prepare for Marriage brochure.